Apply to Young Scientists Summer Program for applied systems analysis
You can now apply to be awarded a Summer Fellowship for studies in applied systems analysis at a world-renowned institute. The summer school for PhD students is housed at the IIASA castle in Laxenburg, Austria.
Get the opportunity to make early connections with researchers around the world. Every summer from 1 June to 31 August, the International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA), hosts up to 50 doctoral students in its Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP External link.).
As the National Member Organization for Sweden, Formas will fund up to six participants from Sweden for participation in this programme.
How it works
Each participant in the Young Scientists Summer Program works on a topic related to his or her PhD thesis and to IIASA’s own research agenda. The goal is to write a publishable paper. All participants are personally mentored by IIASA senior scientists.
Who should apply?
- You are an advanced graduate student.
- Your field of study complements research at IIASA.
- You are interested in pursuing interdisciplinary research.
- Your research and career would benefit from working alongside 50 or so young scientists as well as senior scientists from around the world.
- You would like to explore the policy implications of your work.
Applications shall be submitted to IIASA. Deadline for application is 12 January 2023.