Building transformation capacity through arts and design: Unlocking the full potential for urban transitions, BTC-ENUTC 2023, Additional Call is the second call within the ERA-Net Cofund Urban Transformation Capacities, ENUTC, partnership. Funding of approximately 4 million EURO has jointly been made available by eight funding agencies from seven European countries, to support research and innovation projects within this call. Formas and the Swedish Energy Agency (Energimyndigheten), have earmarked approximately 1 million EURO to fund Swedish stakeholders.
The call invites researchers, urban government authorities, businesses, civil society and stakeholders from cultural and creative sectors to build transnational consortia to create research and innovation projects, where art and design are the focal point as a means for urban change.
The applicants can select between three topics when developing their projects. The three topics can be combined when relevant for the project’s purpose, aim and methodology. The topics are:
1. Experimentation and co-creation for a beautiful and sustainable urban future
2. Transformation to sustainable cities / urban transformation
3. Designing Inclusive, Liveable and Green Neighbourhoods
Applications must be submitted via the international electronic submission system, and the proposals will be assessed by an international expert panel. Swedish applicants, recommended for financing, will be invited into the Swedish Energy Agency’s application system. Projects will run for two years.
- Read more about the call at the Joint Programming Initiative Urban Europe External link, opens in new window..
This call is the second call within ENUTC, for which Formas is coordinator. ENUTC is part of the Joint Programming Initiative (JPI) Urban Europe.
- Call opening: 22 February 2023, 14.00 CET
- Urban lunch talk and information meeting: 27 February 2023, 12.00–13.30 CET
- Matchmaking event: 6 March 2023, 13.00–13.45 CET
- Swedish matchmaking event: 28 March 2023, 14.00–16.00 CET External link.
- Deadline for submission of proposals (via UEFISCDI): 25 April 2023, 14:00 CEST
- National funding decisions and announcement of results to Main Applicants: October 2023/Autumn 2023