Formas has the task of co-funding research with a number of institutes and foundations within the Swedish Ministry of the Environment and Energy and Swedish Ministry of Enterprise, Energy and Communications areas.
Formas provides funding for the following research institutes and foundations:
- The Forestry Research Institute of Sweden (Skogforsk)
- The Swedish Environmental Research Institute IVL
- The Stockholm Environment Institute (SEI)
- The Swedish agricultural research foundation Stiftelsen lantbruksforskning (SLF)
- The Swedish-Norwegian Foundation for Equine Research (SHF)
Formas has board member representation in these institutes and foundations.
In the Formas Annual Report (only in Swedish) you can read more about how co-funding is used within each respective institute or foundation.